China, Shanghai, Infrastructure Services
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of 50,000 pioneers around the globe. The teams in our corporate functions enable the best in our dynamic businesses and in our people to maximize our company’s potential. With our leading brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- To support the Greater China Country President, Adhesive Technologies Office and R&D Site Managers to ensure full SHE compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and Henkel standards.
- To collaborate and engage with stakeholders to ensure consistency in the application of SHE compliance actions across all Office, R&D sites and production sites with laboratory space, in Greater China.
- To manage two team members occupying the roles of SHE Manager at Shanghai Zhangjiang and HAIC R&D facilities.
- To be the designated SHE Manager for the Shanghai HMC office.
- Work with both Adhesive Technologies and HCB to promote SHE implementation, culture and awareness of all employees through training and SHE initiative programs.
- Manage SHE activities and improve SHE performance at non-production sites in Greater China.
- Ensure 0 Lost Time Case, 0 Process Safety Incident and 0 Notice of Violation.
- No overdue action items and all actions are taken effectively and efficiently.
- Implement Culture Based Safety at workplace through increase SWALK and SUSA rate.
- Work with local authorities and maintain close contact with them to ensure all legal requirement are fully met.
- Principal Accountabilitie
- Ensure that standards and targets for SHE are cascaded from Global/Regional SHE to ensure achievement and compliance at office and R&D facilities in Greater China. 5
- At office and R&D facilities in Greater China, ensure Henkel maintains full legal compliance and are able to meet business objectives and targets by monitoring, advising affected parties and responding to changes in internal and external legislation, regulations and SHE requirements, including national/local government legislation.
- Manage relationship with local SHE related authorities and government agencies, work with Adhesives, HCB SHE departments, FM & JLL and site functions to handle government visits and inspections and prepare relevant submittal per requests.
Attend government meetings and cascade the requirements to site team. 25
- Drive SHE performance at HMC. Lead the site SHE committee and organize regular SHE meeting to discuss SHE issues with management team and representatives from different departments. Implement and monitor SHE initiatives decided upon by the SHE steering committee.
Functioning manage JLL (site facility management contractor) SHE professional to ensure they are performing to fulfill JLL's SHE responsibility as defined in JLL's contract with Henkel, that includes provides guideline, support and then monitoring JLL's execution of its' SHE duties. 25
- Support and manage closely SHE Managers assigned to Shanghai Zhangjiang and Shanghai HAIC to ensure a resilient site SHE management system. Facilitate the implementation of Henkel corporate SHE standard, global SHE standard and focus i.e. critical 8, AP SHE Commitment, monthly SHE communication, 5S, CBS, PTW, MOC, PRA/WRA/JSA as well as chemical SDS and DG/hazardous chemical management initiatives etc.
Work with the Zhangjiang and HAIC site managers to develop the SHE management plan for the new Inspiration Center Shanghai (ICS) R&D facility at the Zhangjiang site.
- Ensure sites have a systematic annual SHE training plan and carry out SHE training at sites to promote SHE communication and raise the awareness at site, which includes but not limited to SHE induction to new employees and any other SHE training per SHE training matrix. 10
- Ensure that all incidents including near misses and SHE opportunities for improvement are recorded, investigated and addressed. Where required, ensure they are entered into the Henkel global and/or local databases. e.g. SHEcom
Ensure the appropriate government authority is informed of reportable incidents with the required statutory timeframe. 5
- Provide monthly update to the management team and Update SHEcom reporting on a timely basis.
Complete any other jobs assigned by supervisor or management team on a timely basis. 5
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years Working Year
- Chemical engineering or Safety & Environment or other related engineering degree
- Multinationals in chemical industrial, lab and production environment
- Excellent English
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Good managerial and leadership skills with planning, initiative, proactiveness, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge in MS office.
- National Certified Safety Engineer certificate preferred.
- Rich experience with SHE management, lab SHE management and chemical safety management is preferred.
- Good understanding and well verse of local legal legislations.
- Experience in Construction SHE
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.